As an Equestrian first and foremost, I love the fact that this year is the Year of the Horse. I myself was born in the Year of the Dog. As a child, I remember reading the place mats at the local Chinese cuisine establishment and wishing that I had been born in the Year of the Horse.
I mean, sure, Dogs have some very good qualities according to the Chinese Zodiac. But why the heck wouldn't a horse-crazy girl want to be a DOG when there is a possibility to be a HORSE?!
Anywho, enough about that. I don't like setting New Year's Resolutions, because I just don't. I'm constantly setting goals though, and attempting to better myself. Just for the sake of keeping myself on track, I'm going to write down my current goals here, with the hopes of being able to post at least once a month in order to add to my list, as well as cross some off.
- Buy a scale. Easy, right? Right.
- Take Zach to Lyon's Falls while the ice makes the water falls super pretty.
- Now that the holidays are done, get back to my regular work out routine.
- Do more with Guinness so that he's not a complete fucking moron all the time. He tends to regress to being feral when not handled consistently, so I really need to spend the time he needs in order to keep him more at peace with his place in the world. Which is supposed to be a tame damn horse that can be ridden and stuff.
- Once the weather breaks, ride my bike more often. I'm going to make part of this goal getting some fenders so that I can at least commute to the farm and back from my place even if the weather doesn't look so hot.
- KELLY TIME
That's it for now. I think I've got a decent mix of long-term and short-term goals to work on, and this short list should keep me on track.
Ride Safe, All!